4.22.2013

New Years Resolution Cover #3

If only all songs were this easy.....

So my passion for guitars is rather cyclical.(like most of my hobbies, just ask my wife).  I can go months where I play every day for an hour, then the switch flips, and my desires wanes.  It seems that if I go without playing one day, the next thing I know it has been a week.  We have had, and continue to have visitors, and it is hard to go play guitar when we have people coming to visit. 

So knowing this, I threw in a couple of easy songs on my "songs to learn list".  Just for the type of situation I am in now. 

I did add to the difficulty a bit, by recording it twice through two different amps, and then making a video of two of me(my wife's worst nightmare).  Suprisingly the most difficult part of this was editing the video.  My computation machine isn't quite up to the task of video editing.  I need to speak to it's maker and see how we can go about upgrading it, so it doesn't take me a day in a half to make a 5 minute video.

Black shirt dude used a LTD Snakebyte with the neck EMG cranked. The signal chain is:  GFS 'sweet sparkle' compressor-------EH Metal Muff------MXR Smart gate, into my Orange Micro Terror amp pushing the 12" speaker in the v22 cab.  If you pan your audio all the way to the right, you can isolate just this sound.

White shirt dude used a Jackson rr5 with the bridge pickup cranked.  The signal chain is:  GFS 'sweet sparkle' compressor-------MXR Custom Badass '78 distortion------MXR Smart gate, into the v22 amp.  If you pan audio all the way to the left, you can isolate just this sound.

After watching the video, I can assure you I don't have a problem with Cocaine.  My nose is just apparently really really itchy.....

5 comments:

Erin said...

One Ryan is enough. I certainly don't need two but at least I can see his collection being put to use.

I agree, the computer has outlived it's prime. Time to update or move it to the recycle bin.

Froyd said...

We'd probably need to add more RAM. Updating the processor is also not a bad idea. I'm not sure the cost on either of those at this point in time. I'll know later, perhaps.

Froyd said...

Oh, it might also help if you weren't running half a gazillion programs in the back ground.

Agate Lake Girl said...

After watching your new post, we realized we had somehow missed this one. Awesome! The kids loved the twin Uncle Ryans! :)

Ryan said...

Unfortunately the world is not quite ready for 2 of me yet. It would be pretty epic though....