5.21.2012

best one yet

Well, I was hoping to get this one wrapped up a little earlier, but it wasn't happening.  Just didn't have a grasp on it at speed.  I will say that I was able to get far more practice in this month that I have in months past.  We are finally getting a good schedule worked out at home.  The kids have been going to bed consistently at the same time which helps out a lot.

This time I recorded the song directly into my practice equipment(which is why I am wearing the headphones).  I wanted to mic the amp like I had done previously, but that is more of a pain in the neck sometimes than what it is worth.  Once I (fingers crossed) have my own practice space sectioned off in the garage it will be a lot easier, but for now I think this is the route I am going to take.  The one thing that listening through the headphones did help is my timing.  Since I was hearing the track directly into my earholes, I was able to keep on the beat much better.

I know what song I have for next month, and then after that I need to find a really easy song, because I am a song behind for my New Years resolution.  Vegas and being sick for half a month put me behind schedule.


2 comments:

Erin said...

Pretty good!

It is about time for you to take on a building project. Mason is just about old enough to be "helpful."

I guess that also means I need to get organized and have a garage sale to clear out some space for this new mancave.

Jess said...

For some reason, the sound is not working on this laptop, but I will assume you're rocking out, not just looking like you're rocking out. Norah liked just watching the silent version, anyway!