2.06.2012

Delay

Well, I am sure all you rabid fans have been wondering what I have been doing on the guitar front. So here is a list:

1.Procrastinating. I have my song picked out, my music in mp3 format, and my sheet music printed. For some reason I am putting off starting. Part of this has to do with the fact that I messed up my index finger last month. I think it was due to a couple of things. Repetitive motion is one, last months song was very repetitive with that certain riff, and I think I used a little too much force with that finger while playing it. Another problem, is that I seldomly warm up before I start playing. This I am sure has a lot to do with it as well. I need to start making a habit of warming up for at least 5 minutes before I start playing. The finger is pretty much back to normal, so I am hoping my rocking resumes tonight.

2. The guitar I wanted to use this month has been needing some work. I like the guitar, it is one of my favorites, but I haven't ever been able to get it to work right. I even brought it to a guitar shop and had it professionally setup. The fault was with the neck. None of the frets were seated correctly so every time the string was pressed down or played, it would vibrate against the frets and buzz like crazy. I think I fixed that this weekend, among other things. I will try to post pics of the other stuff I did in the next couple of days.

And that is about it. Here is the song I am going to try to learn this month. I don't think the song will be as difficult as convincing Erin I need a motorcycle and that I need to borrow some of her scarves...

2 comments:

Erin said...

The motorcycle is still off. If you want to wear black eyeliner, get your ears pierced, grow your hair, and wear leather, I think I can swing a scarf or two your way.

I thought maybe you would pick a song for Valentine's day to serenade me with. Looks like I will have to wait until next month.

Jess said...

Yeah, you should've chosen something romantic!