2.29.2012

The cat was not amused

Well here it is. A month worth of labors wrapped up in about 4 minutes. The beginning was a little rough, I was playing faster than the music. Once I got that figured out it got a little better. I really appreciate the cat yawning at me at the 57 second mark. No food for her tomorrow. This was the first take, I tried redoing it 3 times but every time it got worse instead of better. Dogs barking, phones ringing, and fingers not cooperating. I just decided to go with the first one.

A couple things about this song. These are not excuses but notes, so that in 40 years when VH1 comes around interviewing me for "behind the music" I will be able to refresh my memory.

1. I really wanted to do the guitar solo. I didn't practice enough to be able to pull it off. This part gets quickity quick, and I probably should have been practicing it since the beginning of the month. I didn't start until the 20th.

2. I did not put in nearly enough practice time. We went camping and had friends come and visit. I don't know that I practiced for over a half hour in one session this month. And there was plenty of days that I didn't practice at all.

I also didn't blog this month. Don't know what the deal was as I had plenty of guitar related dealings to blow your mind with, but I guess I was just to lazy. Next month is going to be a challenge as well for a couple of reasons. Number 1 is VEGAS BABY! Number 2 is that towards the end of March I will celebrate blessing the earth with my presence for 35 years.

So here it is. You can listen to the music and watch me, or you can listen to me and watch the cat bathe herself....




4 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds pretty dang good! Although, I do admit to watching Jazzy for most of it!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Yeah, Jazzy was a little distracting. I also saw Annie's butt as she was walking through. We really need to get you a better backdrop for your rockin' out! :)

I'm still impressed though!

Erin said...

Not too shabby honey! Why aren't you playing the new guitar? I didn't buy it to hang on display.

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds pretty damn good! I will admit I was watching the cat in the background now and then.

Brian says Rock On!!!