1.31.2012

Well, I wouldn't call it the 'Wild' side....

Here it is, You can read the post while you are listening to my rockishness




So there it is. Again, not completely happy with it, and there was a fair share of screwups in there. That was also at 95% tempo, rather than 100%. I tried 100% and it was just too sloppy. I could have probably pulled off 100% sitting down(it is far easier to play guitar sitting down, the guitar is closer to you and you don't have to worry about falling down...) but playing guitar sitting down isn't quite as rockstarish and standing up.

If I was a real guitar player I would have done multiple takes to see if I could get it perfect, but the more and more I play, the more and more I realize that I am not, nor ever will be a real guitar player. I just do not have the obsessive compulsiveness to sit and perfect my playing. Nor do I have any need to. There are only 3 people and 2 animals that ever witness me playing guitar on a regular basis. Once a month I post to this blog, in which you the reader witness it(trust me, there isn't hundreds of you). Would it be nice to be perfect at guitar? yep. But I have neither the will nor the desire to get there. Mediocrity and I get along just fine.

Since I was out in the garage, I actually played through my amp. The other video I was playing through a different practice device. It is cool playing through an amp because it is loud, and loud is good. I wasn't entirely happy with the tone that was coming out of it. I am not sure if it was the guitar, the amp, the stompbox, or the music I was playing along with, but something just wasn't right. I will try to address this whole topic in another blog post in the future.

As for the wiping the sweat off my forehead, I always get sweaty when I snort an ounce of coke.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I know what to get you for your birthday; a sweatband. Or borrow Miller's camp dew rag. You did a good job. That song was tough. I can't believe you stuck with it.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Rylee loved it. She exclaimed, "he's wonderful," "he's awesome," and "rock on Uncle Ryan!" So at least you know you can impress your toddler groupies.

OK, I thought you did a great job too. :)

Jess said...

One phrase I often have to repeat to myself is: "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

Sounds good.

So, what's up next?