1.20.2010

Party Time Tonight!

Since dum-dum derry is going out of town for the next week, Miller and I have been charged with picking up and taking care of young Norah for the next 2 nights while young Jessica slaves away at work so her husband can go on vacation for a week. Real nice Jerry...

I don't know that we have many shenanigans planned for the next 2 nights, but I know we will think of something. Whether it is strip clubs, boxing matches, knife fights, running with scissors, there is always fun to be had on my watch. I think for tonight we will just take it easy. I am planning on teaching Norah to walk, and completely potty training both her and Miller tonight. That way I won't have to deal with any diapers tomorrow night.

In all seriousness it will be nice to have someone peaceful in the house tonight. Someone who stays in one spot, respects me, doesn't bark constantly, throw toys, or want to ride a mo-mo every minute of the evening.

Guitar Practice for Tuesday: 65 minutes
Practiced: JBG at 85%(still to fast, all 5 fingers on my fretting hand are retarded) and Fade to Black.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I can promise she'll stay pretty much in one spot, but I can't guarantee she'll respect you. She judges. She just does so silently.

MN Mom said...

You are the coolest dad & uncle!

Erin said...

I called before I left work (which as a good half hour to hour earlier than normal) because I assumed Ryan would need some help (not because Norah was causing chaos but because jealous Miller was probably acting up). At 5:30 the report was all was good, no drama, and there was no crying or screaming in the background. I arrived to a little boy who wanted to help feed Norah (or Ownah as it sounds these days). She was cashed in Ryan's arms, opened her eye just long enough to be transported to the pack and play and haven't heard a peep since. Miller was quite loud and we practiced our sneaky voice which he used when we opened the door to say goodnight. What amazing kids and husband I have. Yes, I count Norah (and Rylee) as one of ours.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm signing Rylee up for toilet training 101 tomorrow night. What time would you like me to drop her off?

Anonymous said...

Ryan I thought I brought you up better than this. A man should always give the woman the choice of activities. It sounds like you pretty much have guy activities planned. What if Norah wants to go shopping??? Of course from Erin's note it sounds like Norah made a sound choice last night (sound asleep that is) so maybe she won't mind doing guy things tonight.
Coyote Mama