1.18.2010

MLK Day at home

Since Erin had to work all day today, it was just me and the little man all day. He slept in until quarter after 8 and then the day began. I had grand plans for today, but not many of them went through. We decided to take Annie to the dog park today and meet the Malechas up there. This was the first time Annie went to the dog park in years and all in all she did well. She was super protective of Miller and also protective of Scooter. She got crabby twice. Once was with a little dog that got to close to Miller and Annie got in its face a knocked it to the ground. After I pulled them apart, the little dog(a schnauzer?) got up limping. I kept on eye on the little dog and it stopped limping after a bit. The second incident happened in a group of dogs and Annie got crabby. She growled and barked, but didn't bite. All of a sudden some asshat comes running out and with his voice raised: 'That's it, that's all I can take. That dog shouldn't be here. It is an aggressive dog. If that was my dog I wouldn't take her anywhere, she doesn't belong in any dog park, if you had any common sense you would realize that.' This all came about quickly and I had no scathing replies. Jess stood up for Annie and I piped in couple times but I was honestly at a loss for words. There were things rolling around in my head, but they wouldn't have been wise to say. The guy was playing catch with his son, and I don't know that anybody deserves to be embarrassed in front of there offspring. This guy was doing a pretty good job of embarrassing himself anyway. He seemed to be the type where his opinion was right and there was no changing it. I shrugged it off and we left. I am still steaming about this and it has been bothering me all day. I think the part that bothers me the most is that I had nothing to say. Granted Annie is aggressive when it comes to protecting and I try to keep her in check. That being said I believe every dog owner has a responsibility to keep an eye on their dog. Sitting on a bench while your dog is 50-75 yards away is slightly irresponsible in my eyes. Oh well, I guess this will pass, but I would really like to shove my foot so far up that guys ass that he could use my toenails as dental picks.

After we left Miller and I were going to go to Markham Park and watch the RC airplanes and copters while we enjoyed a picnic lunch. Unfortunately Markham park was closed, so that shot that. We went to the normal park instead, it was okay, but no copters.

Erin got home early today, which was nice as it allowed me to cook in peace while her and Miller played.

Except for the shithead at the Dog Park, today was a good day.

Guitar Practice: Saturday, .5 hours. Sunday 0. Today 1.5 hours
Practiced: JBG 85%, Fade to Black.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I think Annie is extra protective after the break-in. If I was there I am pretty sure I wouldn't have kept my mouth in check. I know how Annie is and if she was surrounded by other yippers, she would have snarled and been nasty but not hurt any of them. That guy needs to get a clue. He maybe should pay more attnetion to his own dog. Anyhow, makes me think we should go every weekend just to tick him off.

Jess said...

I think you handle that guy pretty well -- you were super calm and very patient. I was the one who was immediately ready to take him down in fisticuffs, which is not necessarily the right response, and afterward, I kinda felt like I should've been quiet.

Ryan said...

I am glad at least you said something, otherwise it would have been a total loss. I still want to punch that guy in the ear.

Anonymous said...

It drives me crazy when people can't take care of their animals at the park!! Your there to let them play and run, not for you to have social hour with your friends!!