10.29.2008

Stupid Move

Right now I am chocking this knee surgery up as one of the fucking dumbest things I have done. It hasn't even been a week yet and I am ready to jump off a bridge.(However, with only one good leg, that makes it obscenely trickier). It wouldn't be so bad if it had been like the doc said and only a week on crutches. But 5 weeks? Bullshit is what it is. It wouldn't be bad if my incapacitated state was only affecting me, but instead it affects Erin, Miller, and Everyone at work(as well as a few who get more than their fare share carting me around like Miss Daisy). I should have either done it before Miller was born, or after he was 10. I think the worst part is is that there is nothing I can do to speed things up. I just have to wait. I think once I come to terms with being a temporary cripple for 5 weeks things will improve, but right now I am pretty much just being a big baby and pouting all the time. It is a good thing my wife has all the patience in the world when it comes to me, otherwise she might be helping me up on the bridge guardrail.

That is all. Shitty Day.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I never though you would describe Erin as having "all the patience in the world." Those must be some quality drugs they gave you for the pain.

But in all seriousness, you're probably just a bit depressed. I think that's natural after such a surgery when you feel like such a burden to everyone (even though I'm sure you are less of an inconvienence as you perceive), but it will eventually pass.

If you'd like, we could hug it out, bitch.

MN Mom said...

It does sound like you are having a pity party. Didn't the doctor ever give you an idea that there was a possibility of a longer recovery? Either way it is a "moo" point now. Think of it this way when it's over Miller will have a da he can run with; and Erin has a bunch of favors heading her way!

Anonymous said...

I think you might need a windsor 7 at the z71 bar! Hang in there wingman

Anonymous said...

As long as the price of this surgery didn't set you back too much, that's all I care. I'm already planning my Friday night meal.......!! I'm with anonymous, a windsor 7 would fix your thoughts of being such a pansie

Ryan said...

Anonymous, and Anonym-ass thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. I actually did have a windsor last night in my z71 glass, I had to have a lid so I didn't splash it all around while I hobbled around the house. Don't forget Anonym-ass you will be buying me supper next year.