7.22.2008

MRI-tastic Morning

I finally went and got me gimp knee looked at yesterday. It has really been bugging me the last few weeks, which in turn amplifies the wife's nag reflex, which in turn hurts my ears. Rather than lose all hearing I bowed to her pressure and set up an appointment with the Sports Clinic and Nova University. Pretty nice facility, good staff, and very timely. 3 different Docs looked at it and it could be a few things. I could be a big Puss,(which I highly doubt), it could be a cyst growing inside the joint, but more than likely it is a torn ACL or Meniscus tear. Both of which a superhero like myself cannot heal. I got my MRI this morning and should know by Friday what the deal is. I don't know what it is about MRI's, but those suckers will put me right to sleep. I have had a few in the past, apparently having gangly muscle loaded limbs wreaks havoc on the joints. So now I wait. If this fucks up my duck hunting trip I will be severely put out.

6 comments:

Erin said...

At least if you fix your knee it won't look as crazy as your torn pectoral muscle that you didn't fix or your shoulder that keeps popping out. You could be like a plastic surgery junky and get all three fixed at once plus a facial ;) Just kidding. Glad you finally got it checked out. Miller doesn't want a gimpy father that can't play with him.

Froyd said...

"I will be severely put out."

Perhaps the best phrase you've ever used. I found it highly entertaining.

Agate Lake Girl said...

That would serve you right for all the crap you've given Jon about not being able to go duck hunting this year, but since I am a saintly type person I will not wish for that outcome. Good luck!

Ryan said...

I have kept the crap to minimum. And technically he still could go. MBP will be almost a month old and Connie will be down. Jon can't produce milk from his teets, much like he can't keep from throwin his wanger around 10 months before duck hunting. Good Day to You!

MN Mom said...

Even if it turns out to be bad news I'm sure you could schedule the sugery/recovery around your trip. Fingers crossed the news is good.

Anonymous said...

Windsor cures all