1.18.2008

Foo Fighters Review 1-16

Definitely in the top 5 of concerts attended,(and I have seen a shitload of concerts) By far one of the best sounding concerts I have ever been too. Every band(Against Me,Jimmy Eat World,and the Foo) sounded excellent, which was amazing since the Bank Atlantic Center is a fairly large venue. Individual Band Reviews:

Against Me!: Excellent opening act. I had just downloaded the cd the previous day and the band played every song on the cd. Since they were openers, they didn't have any lights or lasers, but they made up for it with sheer volume. Every time the bass drum kicked, I could feel it in my nuts.

Jimmy Eat World: Very good, short of excellent only because I am not a huge fan. I did recognize a good portion of the songs, but since I am not a 13 year old girl who just broke up with her boyfriend, I just couldn't get into them. Had a decent light show, and their music was well balanced volume wise. Again, all lyrics were clear. The sound quality was like listening to a CD.

Foo Fighters: I will give them a 9.99 out of 10. A little bit of pyro would have pushed them up to an 11, but that is just being picky. They played for 2.5 hours, including a 6 song acoustic set, and a 5 song encore. Quite the showman that Dave Grohl is. Sound quality was excellent, and they had extra band members for a few songs. I would say at a few points there were probably 10-11 people on stage. Excellent light and laser show. For you aspiring rock band members out there, don't forget the importance of pyrotechnics. It never hurts to blow some fire outta your mouth, that is something everyone can enjoy.

The only negative I can find about the evening is that it was on a Wednesday night. If it only could have been on Friday or Saturday. Oh well, what can you do. Now a public service announcement:

Rock Sluts: Now don't get me wrong, one of the things I love about rock concerts is the rock sluts, but man, some of you have to have a little pride. You know who you are. Also, you could be the hottest chick on the planet, but if you are wearing jeans without back pockets......your hottness will be decreased by as much as 75%.

That is all. Good Day.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That public service announcement also applies to men with thunder thighs wearing too tight jeans that also do not have defined pockets. Yes, Jess and I did see this in action.

Jess said...

Yeah, I really have to give double snaps to the Foo and their performance. In retrospect, I imagine Dave Grohl got a workout that was equivilant to running a marathon. Can you imagine the level of energy it took to perform like that?

Jess' top five fav Foo moments:
5. One by One -- as the last song of the regular show, it was spot on perfect.
4. The Pretender -- I didn't love that it was the 2nd song b/c that kinda detracted from its tubularity, but again, the performance of it was like listening to the CD, but better.
3. Everlong -- I liked how they started it with Dave out on that center stage and then moved it up in intensity and volume as he moved back to the main stage. Plus, it's just a sweet song.
2. The part where Dave Grohl threw me a kiss and asked me to join him on stage. As flattered as I was, it was really his night, not mine, to shine.
And #1: Performance of Skin and Bones. I've always thought this song sounds a little too much like DMB's Two Step, but after hearing it live, I have a new appreciation for it.

Goodness, I basically wrote enough for a whole blog post!