1.21.2008

3 day weekend=Well Done.

Let's see, last I left you I was going to bed on Saturday night. Since then, it has been a whirlwind of activity the likes of which TMZ cannot even keep up with. Sunday I woke up feeling pretty much magfuckingnificent. I had a cup of coffee, read the paper, sold some furniture, and played some Rock Band. The wife and I went baby furniture shopping, came up empty, and went to Home Depot to look for Baby Room paint. Got some samples, went home and launched a fleet of brown submarines, and then went to look at flooring for said Baby Room. After that, we went to Gameworks for some beverages, then met Jess and Jerry for Cloverfield. A pretty fucking good movie. Can't say much about it without ruining it, but it was the most stressful movie that I have been since watching Black Hawk Down with Beecker in the movie theatre. It is far from a relaxing movie. After that we went for some food, and came home and watched Green Bay lose a disappointing football match. Unfortunately I don't think the New York Giants are going to put up much of a fight against the New England Douche bags, but such is life.

Today. Primed the baby room, while wifey went shopping(paint, paint masks, beer, taco bell, various other necessities). Ate some grub with the wife, went over to Juan Stinkos house and hooked up his wife's HDTV. Observed Jons complete lack of patience about hooking up electronics. Jon felt that he needed to pay me back, so he came back to my house to help paint. Observed Jon's utterly inconceivable God given patience in his ability to paint the wall to ceiling line with a 4" brush. Went back to the Polich's house for pizza and a half cigar. Now waiting for pregnant wife to finish reading her book so we can watch T.V. and go to bed.

That is all. Good Day.

3 comments:

Jess said...

So, essentially, if we need someone to paint an entire room with a little, tiny paintbrush, Jon's the man. But if we need to plug in an extension cord, he's out?

Anonymous said...

Why do you sound so disappointed in the fudgepacker loss? what the hell's wrong with you!

MN Mom said...

You make me laugh out loud!

I have seen Jon paint entire buildings with a 4" brush and not spill or splatter one drop on himself while doing it! The only time he has a spot of paint on him is when he paints with me and has to touch my brush or some such tool, which is covered in paint--then he gives me the digusted eye roll.
(ps the TV still doesn't come in great if you ask me...I think they need DISH)