1.01.2008

2008 Resolutions

eh, nothing very exciting here. This year I am going to try adding things instead of taking them away. Here goes:

1. Brush my teeth for no less that 2 minutes every time.
2. Floss at least once a day.
3. Play more video games.
4. Read more books.
5. Exercise more.
6. Try not to get so wound up about work.
7. Continue to live by my motto "I am not a champion, I am just Ryan"

How will I accomplish my goals you ask? Here's how:

1. My first option(and most expensive) would be to buy one of those new fangled electric tooth brushes that practically brush your teeth for you. That would be fine except for the fact I need to save all of my money for goals 3 and 4. Instead, I think I will head to the store and buy a cheap egg timer. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

2. This will be accomplished by buying floss. I will also continually remind myself what the Butcher of Dental Street did to my gums the last time I went to the dentist.

3. Technically this goal is just for the first half of the year, because once LBF is born upon this earth I will not be able to play video games much, if at all. Luckily, I received a plethora of VG's for Chrimmus, so they should last me until at least March.

4. The reading more books won't be a problem if I can find some interesting ones. The wifey got me some good ones that I am itching to read, but I am stuck with a bit of a stinker now. If there was only a way to read only good books...

5. I have plenty of opportunity for exercise but I just haven't been doing it. As silly as it sounds, the main reason I haven't been exercising is because my MP3 player shit the bed a few months ago. Recognizing my inner anguish at the loss of the mp3 player, and my growing gutticus, the wife got me a new MP3 player for Chrimmus. Now I have no excuses.

6. With clean teeth, relaxing hobbies, and exercise I am sure work will become a stress free environment. Actually once LBF is born, that will probably help me to realize that there are more important things in life than sand scratches and how a hinge functions. Besides, this household can only contain one Super Stressed person, and Erin has dibs on that.

7. Can you imagine how heavy all those medals would get if I were a champion? woof, no thanks.

4 comments:

Jess said...

All of us who have had that dental hygenist have resolved to floss regularly. She's a nazi, but I guess her aggressive cleaning has helped to motivate us to change our non-flossing was!

Good luck with the resolutions!

Agate Lake Girl said...

I floss once or twice a day and she still rips my mouth apart. I cry a little if I walk into her room. Speaking of, I need to make my dentist appt!

Anonymous said...

Jen and I got the new Sonicares and here's a little secret that they don't advertise. You don't really need to floss if you use this baby plus it does have a 1,2,and 3 minute brush cycle.

MN Mom said...

Who is the butcher of dental street? Ye gads...I need my teeth cleaned but I don't want to go to him!