10.31.2007

Hunting....A Retrospective

Now that I am home, and my life has returned to semi-normalcy, I feel it is time to enlighten you all with tales of my adventures and defeats in the most Northern of the Dakotas. First of all it was a lot of fun. More fun than a barrel full of monkeys. 4 dudes that went to middle/high school together get together in the middle of North Dakota, hang out for 5 days shootin the shit, drinking, hunting and hanging out. It can't be beat. The damn waterfowl tried to beat us, but even those wing-ed devils could not dampen our spirits.(mainly because we were imbibing so much of said 'spirits'). Either way, between all of us we only brought down 3 ducks. Normally this would be disappointing, considering last year we got 29 ducks, but this year we were 3 days shorter, the weather was shittier, and the ducks were nuttier than Britney Spears after 2 cosmo's and a line of coke. So most of our time was spent scouting nearly non-existent waterfowl, drinking Windsor, and hunting pheasant. We did well with the pheasant, 21 total, compared to 28 the year before, with a shorter time period this year, as well as being 2 weeks after opener, which is not too shabby. I think we did damned fine in fact. My personal feeling is that pheasant hunting is where it is at. Waterfowling is fun, and maybe I don't feel the same way about it as the others because I have not yet witnessed a banner year, but dammit I do love pheasant hunting. Pheasant hunting would not be near as enjoyable if it wasn't for my wing man ***Matthew Bahl*** putting on over 980 miles on his truck in 5 days scouting waterfowl and hunting pheasant. I don't know if the other jokers appreciate how much work he puts into this hunting trip(making food, bringing food cooking accessories, cooking said food, cleaning up after cooking said food, and making decisions) but I appreciate it. And I believe a certain Johnny Fabulous will appreciate it next year as well. Thats right, Juan Stinko will be making an appearance in Nodak next year. His wingman is yet to be decided but his choices will be: Joe Awesome, Danny Dangerous, and the Pablo Express. It might get messy in approximately 355 days. I will leave you with beautiful awe inspiring photographs. That is all. Good day.





4 comments:

Jess said...

Aw, Annie dog is so happy you're home!

Erin said...

Can you believe she was lying on his chest on the couch without wiggling?

She sure missed her daddy! (so did the wifey)

Anonymous said...

Goose, thanks for the kind words and pictures. we will take iceman and slider down next year, no doubt about that. over and out
MAV

MN Mom said...

Does Matt cook some yummy feasts for you beasts? Glad you bad boys had spirit! (s)