9.11.2007

A triumphant return.

Back from Gods Country. Notice I call it Gods Country, not Gods weather. My blood has officially thinned out. On Friday night we went to the Nymore Days street dance(in between the Beer Garden and Corner Bar) and I pretty much froze my damn fool ass off. 50 degrees is too cold to stand around and drink at night in shorts and flip-flops. Yes I know it is my own damn fault, at least I brought a sweatshirt. There was rain on the wedding day(hmm..someone should use that in a song), but Sunday was pretty nice. It is always good to go home, but weddings are a lot of work, what with the drinking and visiting and all. I am just about out of weddings to attend though. There is only four of my buddies left to get married, 1 will probably be down here, 1 in a couple years, 1 who knows when, and the other one once he stops pissing himself. All in all I have only missed 2 of my close friends weddings, and that is because one was 2 weeks before and the other two weeks after mine. We've all stayed fairly close(at least as close as dudes do, its not like we write letters to each other) and every wedding is nice because its the only chance we get to get together at once. Nothing too exciting happened at the wedding, I didn't see any whores that I used to bang(since there wasn't any) I didn't get sloppy drunk, and everyone made it home safe. I read 4 books while I was gone, 2 Dean Koontz, 1 Ken Follet, and 1 not sure what the name of the author is but the book was good. Something like 1500 pages total. I like reading on the plane, because there isn't anything else to do so I don't feel like I am wasting time when I should be doing something else. I am a pretty speedy reader, and I imagine I would be pretty broke if I read that much all the time. Now that I am back, it is time to get back on the exercise wagon. Lifting starts Thursday. That is all.

6 comments:

Jess said...

First off, good to see your back and that you're blogging. I miss your wittiness when you're gone! Secondly, without the apostrophe, you made God's country (singular) Gods country (plural), which I kinda like. Thirdly, there is a song about rain on a wedding day, don't you remember a little ditty by GnR called "November Rain"! Sheesh, it was such a dramatic video, I'd think you'd remember that, but maybe with all the booze and the recent brain freeze (from boozin in the outdoors), you forgot.

Jess said...

Oh jesus, after criticizing your punctuation, I just read my previous comment and realized I fucked up. First sentence: meant "you're" not "your." I should just refrain from being snarky, huh?

Froyd said...

no no, you're wrong Jess, he's not saying that it's "God's Country" implying ownership, he's saying that it is gods country, in that gods like us live there and come from there.

duh.

Ryan said...

Yep Jess you are right, November Rain is one, but don't forget about Alanass Morishet. Punctuation correct.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... B-town now has a Nymore Days celebration??? Boy, had I known that, maybe I would have made my way up there!

Oh, where are the pics from the weekend?

Anonymous said...

Bridget it isn't called Nymore Days its called a Pow-Wow.