8.31.2007

Ozzfest in 1000 words or less.

It was pretty cool. Although, I have had my fill of angry bands for awhile. The music of Satan obviously didn't effect me much, because I had the opportunity to run over about 3 momma ducks in front of schoolchildren waiting for the bus, and I didn't. As Luke Skywalker would say "There is still good left in you yet, I can feel it." I think the best bands of the show were 3 inches of blood, hatebreed, devildriver, lordi, Lamb of God, and of course Ozzy. The second stage started at 1230, and it was in a dirt parking lot. In 90+ degree weather, with no shade around. It was dusty, sweaty, and dirty. We took a 20 minute breather to watch a Freak Show, but I had to leave halfway through, because there was no air moving through that tent, and I about passed out. Devildriver and hatebreed put on the best shows on the second stage, with 3 inches of blood a close second. We got caught in a Mosh during the hatebreed show, and narrowly escaped with our lives. That type of music definetly brings the freaks\savages out of the woodwork. At 6 we walked over to the main stage and watched Lordi perform. It would have been excellent if it was darker, because they were the only bad with pyro. They sounded good, but the stage show was lacking. Next up was static X and they were okay, just not my style. Lamb of God put on one of the heaviest shows I have ever attended, it was fucking brutal. A lot of thier songs sound the same though, so it sounded like a 60 minute concert with just one song.(kinda like Dave Matthews). During thier show, people out in the lawn started moshing, throwing dirt, and lit multiple fires. The devil was in those people for sure. Last up was Ozzy. Picture your grampa up on stage trying to rock out, and you get the picture. His voice was okay, but his timing was off on a couple songs. He was having more fun spraying people with foam and dumping water on them then he was singing. Other than Zakk Wyldes 15 minute guitar solo, it was enjoyable. We left with ozzy having about 2 more songs left to play. I really hate to leave events early, but this was a case of being out in the sun for 10 hours, being tired, and trying to get out of one of the worst venues in history for traffic. We skated on out of there with no problems and were home by 11:45. A great day, but not one to be repeated any time soon.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I can't imagine standing outside in yesterday's afternoon heat! It was close to 100 out there! Plus, with all that loud music and crowds, I would've been ill. Glad you had fun though!

Hope you saved up some concert energy for Posion on Saturday!

Froyd said...

dave matthews band does songs? I thought it was just 10 year olds whining for christmas presents.