1.25.2013

New Years Resolution 2013

Whelp, pretty much the same as last years.  Learn 12 songs, in 12 months.  Last year I managed 5 songs in 12 months, which I am mostly happy with, better than 4 songs right?

The first song Miller and Erin suggested I learn.  It is on one of Miller's cds that he listens to everynight, and he always dances to it if it is on while he is awake.  It is also Erin and I's song, so she has a vested interest.  Good motivation for sure on this one. 

I practiced every day this year(except two) for a minimum of a half an hour.  Now that Mason is older, and Miller is more used to his school, we actually have a bit of controlled chaos every night at home.  Last year it was mostly a complete clusterf^%k.  Having a bit of a schedule is much more condusive to being able to practice consistently. 

The one thing I learned after playing this guitar for the last 24 days, is that I absolutely despise it.  It is the most uncomfortable guitar I own.  It is up for sale on craigslist as you read this.

Well, here it is, warts and all.  There are a couple extra notes here and there, I figure they make up for some of the notes I missed.  Thanks for watching.


4 comments:

Kevin said...

We won't accuse you of being Angus, but A for effort none the less, good job....now, why it's you and E's "song" is better left unsaid if you know what I mean...why not try something from the Dave Murray catalog and learn Wasted Years or Stranger in a Strange Land...your neighbors wives would be lining up at the garage door

Anonymous said...

Ryan said....

Thanks Big-K. I figured I would throw the whole 'our song' in there since she 'allows' me to spend my hard earned money on guitar related shit rather than useless nonsense that she would like.

The problem with Maiden is that it is a double-pronged guitar attack. 2 lead guitarists that melt faces in harmony. In order to do it justice(and Dave Murray deserves justice) I would have to learn both guitar parts, and play them in tandem. I plan to do this in March with Detroit Rock City(a much simpler tune than the ones you mentioned). Now, once you and the family move back maybe the kiddos can do Maiden some justice.

Agate Lake Girl said...

fhsadkfhiweroihlkfndfh

12345567890RYLEE

"Uncle Ryan, that was a great song!"

xoxo

4aerbkjhikjouijijijfkgputiofhiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Froyd said...

When I next visit you folks down in Florida, I'm bringing my sensitive documents. I figure with shredding like I just witnessed, they'd be taken care of in no time.