12.09.2011

Grind

I think that the one thing that will keep me from becoming a rock god is perfecting the song I am working on. Say I am learning a new song, I get to a point where I am like 'eh, good enough' and then move on to the next song. I just get a little bored with it, and it is a bit of a grind to bring a song to be played perfectly. I have no problem memorizing the whole song, it just the repitition required to bring my fingers up to speed is what kills me. Hopefully the extra motivation of actually videotaping the song at the end of the month will get me through the endless grind of learning a new song. At least I can hope.

The above song is a tricky one. Good Luck

3 comments:

Erin said...

I have to admit I had to look this up but I had a feeling I knew the lyrics, not the name of the song. I was a little off but it's Alice in Chains, Grind or some other person I have never heard of and was totally wrong.

Jess said...

I don't blame you. I hate repetition. However, it does seem to be the case that the only way to get good at anything is through repetitive practice.

Must be why I'm not too good at anything.

Agate Lake Girl said...

So do we get to see these videotaped performances?