3.26.2010

More updates on the Millermobile






I brought in the stupid pinky KC light covers and machined holes in them to look like brush guards. It was hard to get them to machine up and down, but after a lot of compu-fuckery I figured it out. I then Machined new lenses out of clear acrylic and put a pattern in them to make them reflect better. I then painted everything to make it look awesome.





The steering wheel I just repainted Black, and the trim ring I painted red to match the body. Since this sorry excuse for a jeep was missing the cover plate, I laser-cut a cover plate out of mirrored acrylic. The mirroring is not evident in the pictures because it still has the protective film on it. The protective film will be removed after everything is assembled.




New Radio to play Rock Guitar!
If there is one thing that I cannot stand it is driving/riding in a vehicle in silence. What better opportunity to crank the tunes? So I decided that the Millermobile would have a plentiful amount of tunes. The problem with this was the fact that he has the fine motor skills of a silver back gorilla, so I needed to figure out a way that he could...

1. Turn on the music.
2. Be happy with the music
3. Not have to worry about adjusting the volume.

I went to toysrus and found this sweet MP3 player on clearance so I bought it. It has a large play button which functions as the on/off button as well..... bingo. I plan on taking a facebook quiz and narrowing down the number of songs to fit on 1 gig. That takes care of turning on the music, as well as being happy with the music. At Millers age, the music he listens to will be governed by the elders.

He won't have to worry about adjusting the volume because I am installing external battery driven speakers in the Jeep. To turn them on(at a preset volume) all he has to do is hit the switch on the far right. And then he shall rocketh.

The 2 switches on the left above the MP3 player control the headlights and the KC lights......

Yes I realize he is spoiled. Whether or not he turns rotten from the spoilness remains to be seen.

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Wow! Could you adopt me and build me something cool too?