7.14.2008

Normalcy

Is a wonderful thing. My parents left on Wednesday, so Erin, Miller and I had the house to ourselves starting Wednesday night. It gave us a small chance to attempt to get into a routine, and it worked pretty well. We are slowly getting all things Miller figured out(diapers, feedings, and sleepings) which is slowly helping us relax a little more. Tomorrow Auntie Em comes for a visit, so while our normalcy will be put on hold, it will be nice to have someone here again to help out with the kid. I don't know what all Erin and Emily have planned, but I am hoping they leave me out of it. I will be more than happy to hang at home with Miller in silence. I have got video games and books to reacquaint myself with dammit. Rock Godishness has been mostly neglected the last few weeks as well. I have been getting 20 to 30 minutes in a day, but that won't be near enough if I want to go on tour in the coming month. Lessons are over for now, I knew I wouldn't have time to properly practice, and I didn't think it would be worth the money to show up unprepared. I might go back to them in a while buy we will see. I purchased a new guitar a couple weeks ago, it was too good of a deal to pass up. It is a different style than my other one, and I can produce different Godawful sounds from it. Here is a couple pics of my guitar sanctuary:




It is hard to see, but the wall to the left is pretty much barren of any decoration. I think that about 5 more guitars would go nicely along it. If I am going to justify hiring a guitar tech for the tour, I am gonna need more than 2 guitars dammit. Mr. Miller saw to it that I got over an hour of guitar practice in. The problem is that he hit the Jack Daniels and cigarettes a little hard while I was playing, now he is a lump of hungover baby goodness:



It is hard to be a baby. That is all. Good day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you taught Miller how to play Stairway to Heaven yet?

He'll be a regular Metal Maniac in no time. Just keep him away from Erin and all that Lite-Rock stuff she listens to.

Ryan said...

No Stairway to Heaven yet, we are still learning how avoid crapping our pants halfway through the song.

He has decent taste already. The new Motley Crue album holds his attention for at least 10 minutes, and since he has been to the Foo Fighters and Bruce Springsteen he should be pretty well rounded. Although, he probably won't get to see The Police like LBK did.

Froyd said...

Is Miller READY TO RCOK!?

Jess said...

It's hard to learn to not crap yourself halfway through a song. (For some of us, it's hard to learn to not crap ourselves halfway on the car ride home, too.) Give 'em a break.

Anonymous said...

This kid will know more bands and songs before he's 1 than BKR and I combined! SQKR

Froyd said...

btw, for your antivirus, dump whichever one you have now and get Avast. It's free and I've been using it for the last couple years. It's swawesome.

MN Mom said...

You gotta luv a kid who likes "JACK"! I agree that several more guitars are needed!
Can't wait to see Miller whenever Erin needs company.

Thanks for unloading my car!

Erin said...

No more guitars until Mommy purchases a new gas guzzling SUV and at this point in time, it looks like it will be at least another year before they start giving them away or increase their milage.

Miller and I sample all kinds of music during the day. The only stuff he better not like is my made up songs-they even scare me!

Crissy Rae said...

A Motley Crue lover already..he's gonna be a rocker just like his daddy. Too bad about the Jack and cigarettes. He just needs to find his happy medium so he won't be passing out and hungover the next day.

Froyd said...

btw, Miller has freakin' long arms. That kids gonna be climbing all over stuff in no time.

it.will.be.awesome.