2.02.2008

More to Plumbing than just the Crack....

Check, Check, Checkity Check. I may or not be able to add Plumbing to my Man resume(men will decide at puff-away payday) but I am definetly one step closer. As many of you know, I had an outdoor sink next to my grill area. It was hooked up with Garden hoses which served thier purpose...for awhile. I came home after a vacation and one of the hoses and burst and had done an excellent job of flooding my back yard. After I had fixed that, a few months later I ran over the drain hose with the grill while I was moving it, which split the hose. Every time it rained it would fill the sink and slowly leak out, making an obnoxious amount of mold. So the garden hoses were definetly not the answer. Now that the shed was out of the way, and the house will be painted, I decided that now would be a perfect time to run copper piping to the sink, and redo the drain. Well, I was going to pay to have somebody do this, but I looked between my legs, realized that I have a pair of balls, and figured that it was about time I learned how to plumb myself(wait a minute....I don't think that came out how I intended). It went really well today. THe pipe soldering went swell(although it isn't very pretty) and as of now I don't have any leaks. So that is good. I didn't even swear during the plumbing part. THe F-bombs started flying once I had to drill for the concrete screws to hold the pipes up though. I hate drilling into fucking concrete and that is all I have to say about that. I will post again tomorrow before supa bowl to tell how the pipes are holding up, but as for now...thumbs up.

That is all. Good Day.

2 comments:

MN Mom said...

You crack me up! No pun indended.

Jess said...

Good thing you were able to look between your legs, get rid of the faulty hose, re-plumb the piping, and fix the leaks.

Wait, that came out wrong.