11.07.2007

9 weeks

Not to be confused with the movie 9 1/2 Weeks where Kim Bassinger gets railed more than the Transcontinental Railroad. Nope, what I am talking about is how long that bundle of cells has been incubating in my wife's belly. Nothing new to report other than that. I will update every Wednesday with a weekly report of new news and how my life is changing due to the bun in the oven. I will try to keep these reports honest, I am sure it will not be all daisies and unicorns. I have a feeling that many expecting parents lives mirror the movie "Knocked Up" to some degree, which is unlike the shiny happy people in the parenting magazines that the jokers from work already got me. So here goes, some random thoughts on the last 9 weeks:

So far the affair has been relatively easy for me. I did go with the wife to her first appointment at the 'icky' doctor. Yep, she's right, icky.

My wife is not having a joyous time of it. She has compared the last 9 weeks to being hungover all day, and none of the hangover cure foods taste good.(I have tried to be hungover a few times with her, you know, to feel her pain and all.) Hopefully the sickness will abate after a bit.

Luckily neither one of us is smokers, so we didn't have to go through the cold turkey deal, although she did have to quit the drinking, and the caffeine, which has been a bit frustrating for her. Which means I also have to cut back and not pound delicious beers right in front of her. The sacrifices I make.

I have already started rearranging some of the rooms to make more room for baby stuff.

Since she has been very tired, and going to bed early(when not teaching) it frees up massive amounts of videogame time for me. I need to get as much in in the next 7 months, because I have a feeling that will come to a screeching halt once the baby shoots from my wifes loins.

Yes we are going to find out the sex of the child.

No we are not going to tell you what it is.

No we are not going to tell you the names we have picked out, although feel free to suggest some. I am thinking along the lines of Optimus Prime, or James Bond.

Thank you all for the Congratulatory remarks.

That is all, Good Day.

7 comments:

Jess said...

You're NOT going to share the sex of the baby with us?!! Gawd, you're a tough one Mr. Froyd. So many rules and guidelines.

As far as names, maybe we could all toss a few names into a hat, and you guys can raffle it. Whatever name you pick, you have to name the baby. My contribution will be The Hulk.

Seriously, you should consider a name that begins with "the."

Froyd said...

Storm Shadow is always a viable option.

Agate Lake Girl said...

...Or a name that that is spelled like something familiar but then pronounced uniquely. I'm sure Jon would submit his favorite: Carmeter.

Erin said...

What?!?! I am telling everyone what we are having once we find out. No more dang secrets! I can maybe keep the name a secret but for God's sake...I am not going to call the bundle of cells "it" or "baby" once I know the sex.

Don't argue with me-I have to suffer the most so I get my way. Baby brewing is tough work.

Anonymous said...

Letting the gender out is the best thing. That way you don't end up with a ton of yellow and green garbage. Plus, it is quite hard not to let it slip in conversation and emails.
Oh- and from what I've seen in videos the icky ness only gets worse.

Sheryl

Jess said...

So, does this post imply that you'll only be updating once a week?

Ryan said...

No it doesn't I just didn't have anything to say today. so there.