9.24.2007

Hoosiers we are not....

Week two of basketball...one big fat loss. 22-44 no less. Before I go off on my rant keep this in mind. I am still having fun, I am not about to slit my wrists over a loss, and it is some damn fine exercise. So here goes:

I am used to playing Northern Minnesota Ball, Hoosier Ball, Under talented Out-Shape-White Mans ball, etc. I seldom talk during the game, and 99.9% of the time I will not say anything to the refs, no matter how bad they are calling the game. If I do raise my voice, it is to criticize myself. I try not to shoot to often, and I make it a priority to pass the ball before I look for the shot. I didn't play HighSchool or COllege basketball, but I played in intramural for all 8 years. I like to play, but I am more than comfortable with not being the star, and I will not bitch someone out for not playing at their fullest.

This team....wooof. I guess you would call it ghetto ball. It is some of the sloppiest b-ball I have ever seen. If you ain't fast breakin, you ain't playin. There is never time to establish a play, and it is hard to defend 5 guys when 2 of your players are already down at the other end of the court lookin for a pass. There are no fundamentals. It may have to be seen to be believed. We are not a team that can come back from a 20 point deficit.

You give me Jon, Pete, Jerry(even though he claims he hates basketball), Brian, Sir Baldy, and our wives cheerleading topless, and I can guarantee we would have scored 22 points with much less bitching, technical fouls, and much more fun...and boobs.

That is all.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I watched your intramural games in college (granted-I was fond of several of the other key players, yes Jon, I am talking about you: maybe...). You played with some b-ball stars from highschool and held our own. I am surprised to hear of such craziness. Too bad I teach on the nights you play or I would come cheer you on.

Jess said...

That sounds a bit crazy -- although, to be honest, I've never been able to make heads or tails of b-ball: seems like a lot of random running back and forth. I didn't know you could form plays, etc. Maybe it will improve. And if not? Good blog fodder.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Cheerleading must have changed some since I was on the squad? I never remember having to go topless. Although I do think the fans and the players would have payed a little more attention to us if that were the case - well, not me personally, the only thing that protrudes from my chest is my rib cage!

Jess said...

Hey, I sent you a link via email to help with the knee diagnosis. Hope it helps!