12.01.2011

The Resurrection

The Resurrection pertains to two things:

1. This worthless Blog

2. Guitar playing

Lets go into detail.

Blogging, what is the point? Sure, people still do it,but is it the 'in' thing? Shouldn't I be tweeting about my bowel movements, or Facebooking about something that would bring tears to the eyes of a hormonal woman that most of you won't copy and paste in your status?(I am sure you know what I am talking about...)
The only reason I am bringing this blog back from the dead is that it is a good record of what I am doing on a daily basis. My brain cells are shot to shit, and I can barely remember yesterday, much less 2 months ago. I kept a fairly decent record after the birth of #1, and I have went back and looked at it more that I ever thought I would. So now with the birth of #2, I think it is a good idea to keep a better track of his development as well as #1's milestones. Granted the blog currently looks like something a hipster would look at moments before he/she popped and ambian and pressed play on their infinite Morrissey playlist, but I plan on rectifying that sooner or later.

Guitar Playing. I was well on my way to becoming a rock star, but since moving into the new house, my guitars have collected more dust than my fingers have collected callouses. Too much to do, and too little time. I recently purchased a new video game called 'Rocksmith' that has reignited my drive to torture my fans with facemelting guitar solos. It is a game much like Guitarhero/Rockband, but instead of playing with pretend plastic instruments, you actually plug in a real guitar. I would like to start documenting my progress playing guitar and try to learn a new song every month. At the end of the month I plan on posting a video of me playing said song. At least that is the plan. I figure I need about 20 hours per month to learn a song well enough that it doesn't make my ears bleed, but we will see.

Here is a video showcasing Rocksmith:



And here is the song I want to learn for December:







1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I keep the blog due to my Alzheimer's ridden memory. I constantly have to read back to remember what happened with Rylee.