3.01.2010

Goodbye.



This sumbitch has been waking me up against my will for the last 11 years. My future in laws got it for me for a college graduation present, and I'll be damned if I didn't curse them for it 5 days a week.

It was a good clock, I didn't use the special effects(who really needs to hear seagulls when the go to sleep, or wake up? and the Ocean waves and rain just made me want to take a leak.) Nor did I use the CD player. The CD player sounded good, but as for being an alarm sound, I was well awake by the time the CD player actually started playing. You would be surprised how loud all the mechanisms are in a CD-player at 5 in the morning.

I held on to it as long as I could. The clock was losing 11 minutes per month, and the LCD glow was starting to get louder and louder. If you don't believe me, hit the glow button on your wristwatch and put it to your ear. It actually hums... This sucker was about as loud as a howling banshee, so I decided enough is enough.

Now I am stuck with some cheap piece of shit that glows green through the night, whose digits are so big Ray Charles could read them, and whose buzzer sounds like toddlers chewing on tinfoil whilst sliding their fingernails AND toenails down a rusty chalk board. Not only that but I have no clue on how to turn on or off the God-damned thing.

I hate change.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I never did get the hang of setting the alarm on that stupid thing much less hitting snooze versus turning it off. It was a good clock and it lived a very long life.

Jess said...

11 years is a long time in a clock's life.

We only have one clock in our bedroom and it's on Jerry's side. I never know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. Which is how Scooter can sometimes get away with convincing me that it's time for his breakfast at 3 am.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I think our alarms still function properly - it's "Rylee fingers" that cause all the chaos in our household.

MN Mom said...

Me too.