2.15.2010

POWER!!!!!!

So I did a hillbilly hack job and hardwired the battery directly to the shifter box.



1st Gear, 2nd Gear, and reverse work like a charm. As an added bonus the high speed lockout has never been removed(The shifter has a screw that blocks it from going into high gear, it was a real sunovabitch to get out, so that makes me think it has been there the entire time). Which means the drive-train and motors probably haven't been abused that much. This puppy purrs like an ugly kitten.



Now that I know things work, I went ahead and ordered the accelerator pedal(found the exact match, black, not pink), 2 hood latches, and 4 lock nuts for the wheels for a total of: $29.82

Which brings the grand total of the project to: $123.87. Which is technically $1.13 less than I said I was originally going to spend. I fibbed last night when I said it was going to be around $130.

Now the fun part begins. Since I know it is going to work I can really go crazy on the finishing, painting, and accessorizing of this bad boy. Other than paint, here are some of the things I would like to do:

Working Headlights, and a Light bar for Roll Cage ($20)
Working Ignition. Might do a fake one, if I can find something that works under $10 I will do it.
Rear-view mirror. Can make at work.
Radio/sound FX. Nice to have, a lot of people use cheap clock radios, we'll see. A bruthas gotta have tunes.
Gas-Cap Charger. ($10) Would be nice, but not necessary.
Make a new fake phone. Can make at work
Attachable shovel($7)
Customized License Plate. Can make at work
Cup holder for Milk.($3)
Do something about the damned purple wheels....

So with all the 'nice to haves' it would still be under $175, which is still roughly half of a new one. I am not saying that all of the above would get done, but everything purchased has to be under $20 per item. There may be things that Erin suggests that needs to be done as well.(Sun visors with Mirrors probably)

All in all, everything is going good. That is all I can ask for.

3 comments:

sir baldy said...

Here you go buddy. Hope this helps ya!

http://www.mendingshed.com/jeeptruckwheels.html

Ryan said...

Yeah, it kinda helps, problem is that I don't want to spend that much for wheels since it will just be for cosmetic purposes, and the ones on there work. When it starts getting close to crunch time I might go that route.

Anonymous said...

Use the wheels as is and deck it out as a VIKING mobile....that way he can drive around giving the finger to all the dolphin fans!!