1.13.2010

2 days in a row....crazy

Not much to post about. Busy day at work today. I knew I was going to be slow, so I asked Miller this morning while we were trying to dress him what kind of toy he wanted me to make him at work. He said 'boat' right away. Kinda weird since he never really talks about boats unless it is bath time or we see one on the road. I am just glad he said boat instead of anything else. That damned boat took me all day to draw up on the computer, machine the parts, and paint everything. I knew it was a tight deadline for a demanding customer, so I pulled out all the stops and got it done. I haven't worked that hard at work in a while. It turned out okay. Some of the painting could have gone better, I tried a different clearcoat to speed things up and it didn't work quite so well, and there are some dust specs in the top of the boat, but I don't think he noticed. The good thing is that is floats and he managed to fit 4 little people and a dog on it without it capsizing, so I will call it a success. Maybe the wife and I will go buy a camera this weekend and I will post a pic of it.

Rockstar lessons went alright today, but man my teacher is a bit of a moron. He decided to reformat his computer earlier and it wasn't done for the lesson. We use the computer for 95% of the lessons(songs, backing tracks, lesson history, etc.) so one would think that one wouldn't reformat when one has a lesson coming up. He has been a bit of a scatterbrain on more than one occasion, so I don't think I am going to feel bad about stopping lessons in April. That will have been a full year of lessons, so I think I will take a break and try to teach myself some stuff for awhile.

Guitar Practice: 30 minutes at lesson. 55 minutes at home
Practiced: Johnny b goode at 70%, Fade to Black at 90%, and briefly AC/DC at 95%

1 comment:

Jess said...

I was gonna say, "where's the pic?" but then remembered. Does your video camera take stills?