10.20.2008

Vacations over, back to the real world.

Final Counts:
56 pheasants
14 ducks

6.5 1.75 jugs of Windsor
6 cases of beer.

I was a great trip. Just the right amount of time. Last year felt too short, this year was good. I was ready to go home, and felt like I got my fair share of hunting in. 1 or 2 more days would have been a little much. Since everyone that reads this blog was either there, or works with me, I will spare the details for a later date. It was a good trip, no one got hurt, there were no shenanigans, and everyone had a great time.

The real world. Uffffff. Yesterday I got home and promptly had one fat baby put in my lap. Miller turned from a baby to a beast baby. He got much bigger, much stronger, and has a few more hairs on his head. I hope he doesn't start disrespecting me for a few more years. That way I can hit the gym and hopefully he won't kick my ass too bad.

Erin did good with him. I didn't see any pinch marks on him, or any bite marks on her(although he doesn't have teeth so who knows). It was certainly nice being able to go on vacation knowing full well that she would have things under control.

Today, I got up with Miller, paid some bills, mowed the yard, went to Petsmart, Bestbuy, got groceries, and finished up my Prairie Laundry, and that was all before noon. Which unfortunately leads to one very overstimulated baby. He needs a nap but doesn't want to miss out on any excitement. After all, everyone knows that I am the life of the party.

That is all. Good Day.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, Miller has certainly gotten heftier, and that's why I'm glad it's gonna be you and not me who has to hold that slippery little butterball when you bathe him. I nearly dislocated his shoulders trying to keep a grip on him!

Erin said...

T-rex hands don't work very well for handling a slippery chunk la funk. Miller didn't mind the discomfort; it beat getting teased at school for being the stinky one.

MN Mom said...

Glad you are back safe and sound for Miller and Erin.

Agate Lake Girl said...

So when are you inviting us for pheasant chili? :)