8.20.2007

Basketball=Cancelled.

Not enough teams, so no basketball. The good thing is that we get all our money back, 50 bucks apiece, and now that we all bought bball shoes and basketballs, we have no excuse not to go out and shoot around. Its just too bad its so damned hot out. My knee has been giving me a bit of trouble since we played bball 2 weeks ago. It felt like it was surrounded with fluid and felt very tight when I moved it. Not to the point of pain, but not comfortable. In that 2 week period I only rode bike once(due to laziness). Well, this morning I hauled my ass outta bed, rode my 8.7 miles and my knee feels excellent. I don't know if a ligament got a little funky, or my knee machinery swelled up, but that bike ride made everything better. So that is good. My guitar practicing has been going okay, it was a little lite this weekend, but I have been averaging close to an hour a day since the start of the month. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with everything there is to learn, and where I want to start and which direction I want to take. I have been looking for, and not finding, some kind of program or timetable that would lay out where I should be and in what timeframe. Kinda like a marathon training program or something like that. Right now my practicing is a little ambiguous, and I would like some sort of goal to strive for. Until I find something concrete, I will just aim for playing a sold out Madison Square Garden, opening for, and then showing up, the most overrated band in the world: U2.

2 comments:

Jess said...

You can use that $50 to buy your wife something sparkly! Too bad about the league, but at least you don't have the stress it sounded like it was gonna be. If you want, I could probably best all 3 of you at P-I-G.

Erin said...

I am glad it was cancelled because I think it was going to be too competitive. When you are on teams that are so competitive it isn't fun and you stress out about it. Much better just to shoot hoops and play with your friends.

Jess, I would say I could beat all 4 of you at PIG but I would be lying. I suck at basketball but would try it once it cools off.